The torture and death of Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/cherrett/public_html/ww2today.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-fancyzoom/wp-fancyzoom.php on line 107

PETER ZADELAAR July 29, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Zoya,
Your story still make me so sad that I cry. I hope you have found happiness in the afterlife my dear. I will always remember you brave girl.

Robert March 29, 2016 at 2:25 am

I know a Russian woman who was given the name Zoya, 17 years after Zoya’s death. How could the Germans not see, that martyrs always resulte from stupid
persecution? Did they think Soviet people could be trained, like dogs?

Robert March 29, 2016 at 2:24 am

persecution? Did they think Soviet people could be trained, like dogs?

zdenek March 16, 2015 at 8:09 pm

znam ten pribeh o zoyi kosmodemyanske od malicka se skoly vzdycky me fascinoval a nalezi ji ucta se svatou laskou ,jsem toho nazoru ,ze se stala mucednici v megalomanskem pojeti za jeji urputnou odvahu a vek ve kterem musela skonat, myslim ze je v neskonale podobe symbolem univerzalniho hrdiny nejen mezi unformami ale i na nebi kde ji dle meho nazoru nalezi vecna slava

Renáta October 2, 2014 at 8:39 am

Citala som pribeh zoji kosmodemianskej. Je to krasny pribeh ruskej partizanky ktora zomrela krutou smrťou, pribeh napisala jej mama.

I read the story Zoya kosmodemianskej. It’s a beautiful story of Russian Partizanka who died a cruel death, a story she wrote her mother.

Martin November 29, 2012 at 7:53 am

I am reading Beevor’s “Berlin” at the moment, and last night one of the last things I read before going to bed was how many Red Army troops carried a newspaper photo of Zoya as they rolled through Germany towards Berlin. I hadn’t heard anything about her (not even realising it was a “her”) and was curious to discover more. Then this morning I do my daily WW2today.com check, and sure enough the “last year in the war” section is all about Zoya! Thank you again for your excellent site!

Adam November 27, 2012 at 4:07 pm

This was not a pointless war. Germany at that time was a nation of killers and they had to be stopped at all costs. These were a group of people that made today’s Taliban look like pacifists.

Barry Vorster August 19, 2012 at 2:44 pm

remarkable and sad… a terrible pointless war…

Hannah July 30, 2012 at 1:16 pm

She was tall, brunette, and dark-eyed. However, even if you were blonde [Aryan] and Communist, you would’ve been persecuted. I was once as brunette as this lovely lady, but I am now blonde. My eyes are still dark. I still serve the Soviet Union!